the first album, a.k.a. the basement tape, a.k.a. reissue, a.k.a. bootleg issueApril 5, 2008
- The Enchantment (© E. Bull). Lead vocal: Emma.
- Gloomy Sunday. Lead vocal: Lojo.
- Half-Dollar Blues (© S. Brust & A. Stemple). Lead vocal: Adam.
- Facade (© Lojo Russo). Lead vocal: Lojo.
- Tellers of Tales (© S. Brust & A. Stemple). Vocals: Adam, Lojo, and Emma.
- The Good Stuff (© Lojo Russo). Lead vocal: Lojo.
- Back Door (© A. Stemple). Lead vocal: Adam.
- Signal to Noise (© E. Bull). Lead vocal: Emma.
- More Thumbscrews (© S. Brust). Lead vocal: Emma.
All songs arranged by Cats Laughing.
Steven Brust, drums, doumbek, tambourine, ice cubes.
Emma Bull, harmonica, sine wave, vocals.
Bill Colsher, electric guitar, guitar synthesizer, scary chords.
Lojo Russo, bass, leviathan music, vocals.
Adam Stemple, electric and acoustic guitar, match, vocals.
Photos by Will Shetterly and Geri Sullivan.
Photographic weirdification by Em, Big Bubba, and Photoshop.
Original 4-track engineering by Steve Schmidt in Brust’s ex-basement.
Digital remastering by John Muldoon at Entercor and Gark Studios.
Thank you, Jane and David.
For more information about the various editions of this album, see FAQ #1: “The First Album” or “Bootleg Issue”?.